You’ve heard of umbrella lights, but if you want impeccable lighting, it might be worth looking into SOFTBOXES. They are used by professional photographers and while they are bulkier and harder to store, they do give off amazing diffused light that will give you that perfect glowy look on cam and hide any shadows and imperfections. There are quite a few girls using them and the difference is noticeable.
Here is the softbox kit I recommend:
In terms of audio equipment, most webcams are well-equipped to project good audio, but if you want your viewers to have a superior listening experience, I definitely recommend splurging on an EXTERNAL MIC. My #1 recommendation is the Blue Yeti USB microphone, which can be seen being used by a variety of podcasters and streamers alike. I’ve seen camgirls use the Yeti and the sound quality is incredible. You feel like the girl is sitting right next to you and talking straight to you. Yes, it’s expensive, but it’s worth the investment to get an improved camming experience and, with that, MORE tips!
- Tri-capsule array – 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation
- Multiple pattern selection – cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls
- Plug ‘n play – Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher) and PC (Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP). Bit Rate: 16bit
Another interesting tool to have on the advanced side of things is a GREEN SCREEN! Just like the screens used for special effects for movies and tv, you can create some really fun shows with a green screen and a webcam software, like Manycams, to edit the background with whatever video or images you want. I’ve even seen this done to create a “realistic” library scene, when camming from actual libraries were banned! You can get as creative as you want!
Have fun & may the tokens rain upon you!