Camming is not as easy of a job as some people think (in fact, some people don’t consider camming a job at all!) and we all make mistakes as beginner camgirls. Here are some tips to keep in mind when you’re starting off as a cam model.
- Sign up with a camsite that you feel most comfortable on. Try out a few get a feel for them and don’t feel like you have to continue if you’re not feeling it. Here’s a good list of cam sites to check out.
- Wear clothes that you feel comfortable in when camming. Don’t try to be a sexpot/pornstar when you are much more low-key and less sexual in real life. Members appreciate the authentic you! If you feel best in a t-shirt and shorts, rock them and it’ll show!
- Smile! It’s such a simple thing, but makes a huge difference on how you’re seen. I guarantee that a smile will bring in many more tippers and money rather than sitting in front of a camera with an indifferent expression.
- Make a plan for what you want to do during your shift. This is especially important if you’re just a beginner. One mistake many girls make is being unprepared on cam. If you go into it not knowing what your countdowns are going to be or what things you will offer (photosets, videos, high tip prizes), you will feel disorganized, lost and your shift will not be as effective. Always be prepared!
- Add some props to make things interesting on cam. Sitting in front of a white wall will get boring. Have a whiteboard where you put your highest tipper amount and name, have a spinwheel that you can write custom prizes on, or just put some tapestries on your wall to make things more visually exciting.
- Move around as much as you can (and want). Even if you cam sitting down, you can always move in your seat and lean in different ways that is more interesting to look at than someone slouching over a laptop. If you cam mostly standing up, it’s a great idea to dance or touch yourself in a sensual way from time to time. Try to keep guys’ attention on YOU!
- Bring a water bottle with you to sip on during a shift. It’s surprising how dehydrated you can get with the bright lights shining on you and from talking for hours, so don’t forget to drink enough H2O.
- Use a built-in webcam. Use an external one instead. This is my #1 tip for a better, more successful experience on cam! The video quality will be *greatly* improved, which will translate into more viewers and tippers.
- Overpromise and underdeliver. This happens a lot when you come up with a ton of games, raffles and contests to entice your members to tip, but get overwhelmed with the amount of work you have to do to deliver on those things. Be it custom photosets or videos, mailed packages or Skypes, all those things take time, so don’t offer things that you may not be able to fulfill in a timely manner.
- Be afraid to say no. The beauty of camming is that you are in control of what happens to you on cam, so if someone is being annoying/threatening/makes you cross your boundaries, say no to whatever they’re trying to get you to do and block them.
- Speak badly about other girls on cam. No one likes cattiness (although starting drama between girls can sometimes translate into more tips if your members get sucked into it), and it’s almost inevitable that the other girl will find out. This creates negative feelings that don’t belong on cam. Stay positive!
- Overdo it with drinking on cam. Yes, it’s a great way to feel more relaxed and sexual, but being blackout drunk on cam is bad news. I feel like we’ve all made this mistake. Guys tip for shots and get you way too drunk, yet you keep going because you see those tokens adding up in your account. If you decide to drink, set a limit for yourself and try to stay within it.
I hope these tips help with making you more successful on cam! Click HERE TO GET STARTED! 💸