Myfreecams has been a popular choice for camgirls everywhere who wanted to make money in a social, hangout type of camsite that didn’t require them to put on extra sexual shows and generally had very few restrictions on what was allowed to be broadcast compared to other camsites. However, in the last few months MFC’s traffic has gone down considerably according to Alexa rankings and the general perception. Multiple unannounced site outages definitely did not help their case, and many girls have been trying out other sites.
Chaturbate has been shaping up as a very serious contender for the best camsite on the net, and many girls have been switching to Chaturbate despite having been totally loyal to MFC for years. Diversifying your income is never a bad idea, so trying out different camsites and finding one that works best for you is something everyone should do.
Here is a comparison between MFC and CB and a review of the pros and cons of each, so you can decide which one is better suited for you.
- Less overtly sexual (although cum shows definitely happen a lot), more social, low key atmosphere in a lot of the rooms.
- Girls only site. No men allowed on or off camera, which adds to the hangout/social feel.
- Fairly good and consistent customer service. Not so much lately.
- Payout percentage: An average of about 61.4% of all (gross) money spent. 1 token tipped = $0.05 for the model.
- Highest earning potential out of all camsites. Guys seem to tip largest single tips compared to other sites. (See my post on the highest tips on MFC). Top girls make $xx,xxx a month. (See my post on how much MFC models make).
- Few rules and restrictions. One big one is the no camming in public rule.
- Outdated user interface, very few useful site additions are made despite girls asking for them.
- Poor company communication about site downtime, glitches, etc. Girls are left in the dark.
- Popular rooms are sorted by camscore, which could make it harder for new models to rank well from the start.
- Lower traffic as of late and no attempt to fix it by spending more money on marketing.
- Nonexistent Affiliate or Referral Program, aside from their Bring-a-Friend program for members.
Click Here to Sign Up with MYFREECAMS!
- Traffic and popularity is on the rise = more members in your room to tip you. See the traffic stats below.
- Allows couples to stream (in addition to guys and trans), which can add to your earnings.
- Good social media presence and customer service.
- Payout percentage: 50%+ depending on the value of the token package the member buys. You receive $0.05 per 1 token tipped, like you do on MFC.
- Lots of useful site updates, including room bots and apps that are really helpful and fun during broadcasts.
- Rooms ranked by the numbers of viewers unlike on MFC, so in theory, a newbie can reach the top row with a crazy show.
- Great Affiliate Program that both models and non-members can use for a passive income stream.
- More sexual atmosphere, you’ll likely have to put on sexual shows to do well on the site.
- Lower average earnings. Members are not as likely to give large single tips to models as much as they do on MFC.
- Bans can be frequent due to rule-breaking or even seemingly ‘just because’. Very inconsistent in terms of what is allowed on cam.
Click Here to Sign Up with CHATURBATE!
Which one is the best camsite? It’s for you to try out and decide. As you can see, each has its own pros and cons.
➜ Check out my Guide on Getting Started as a Webcam Model!