Camgirls and Blogging: A Match Made in Heaven?
Blogs are not only a great way to express your innermost thoughts, but for a cam girl they can be yet another way to earn income and create stronger, longer-lasting relationships with members.
The question you need to ask yourself is: Is it worth it? Is making more money through increased interest, popularity and camroom traffic worth the time spent on a blog? It can be, if you love writing and sharing your thoughts on paper. Blogs can be very low-key and non-committal (unlike maintaining a paid membership site – You can read about them here), and if you like being creative and want an outlet for your thoughts, making a blog might just be right for you! It’s an underrated way for camgirls to foster better relationships wither her regulars while also making money semi-passively. A good example of a camgirl blog is Kickaz’s wordpress blog where members can get a more intimate look into her life and she can write about things she can’t fully express when she’s online.
I’m Interested! How do I Begin?
It’s really easy to get started with blogging, and you don’t need any specific skills and coding knowledge to get your blog up within literally minutes. Here is what you need to consider:
- Decide whether your blog will have PG content or if you’ll be posting NSFW pictures and videos of yourself. This will determine hosting provider you go with, as many don’t allow adult content to be posted.
- Decide whether you want to go with a free blog platform like WordPress (no ability to have ads, less customizability, “.wordpress.com” extension, no adult content) or Wix OR whether you want to have a self-hosted blog where you can choose your hosting company, have ads that earn you money, much more customization, and the ability to post adult content.
So, if you want to go with totally free blogging platform (remember, no adult content!), try out WordPress, Blogger, or Wix that has some really cool themes and is very easy to set up on.
However, my recommendation is to always go with a self-hosted blog, as it allows you complete control over your content and that is in addition to you having your own custom domain name (i.e. www.sexylexy.com NOT www.sexylexy.wordpress.com).
Which Hosting Company Should I Choose?
There are a number of hosting companies to pick from, and any of the ones listed below are a great choice. So, pick out your hosting provider, which will then take you through the install and integration with WordPress – a really easy process.
Allow Non-Adult Content: Bluehost. Great option if you want to keep your naked stuff on camsite only!
These hosting providers come with options like WHOIS protection, domain registration, storage, backups, anti-spam security.
Click on the banners below to check them out!
Aside from just posting blog-style content and interacting with your members in comments, how can you earn money from blogs?
- Sell videos with links to either your Manyvids account or post preview pics and include your offline tip button.
- Sell panties, various items (baked goods, crafts, art!), Skype dates, whatever you can think of! Always clearly display your tip link.
- Have all of your social media links, your cam profile, and your Amazon wishlist in one place, so that members can easily reach you and tip you.
- Have banner ads that will passively earn you money from clicks.
Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!