Having a quality laptop is one of the best tools a camgirl can have. It’s better to invest from the start (or to upgrade a slow and lagging laptop) than having to deal with a constantly breaking or inefficient one. Remember, time is money, and if you have to take your laptop in for repairs, that is wasted time that you’ll never get back.
What should you look for in a laptop you’ll use for camming?
- RAM: 8 GB and above. Stands for random-access memory and it’s what will keep your laptop running smoothly when you have lots of tabs open, music streaming, and cam broadcasting at the same time.
- Hard Drive: 1TB or more. That’s where all your files are stored. A large enough hard drive lets you save thousands of HD photos, videos you make, songs and movies on your laptop. For reference, a 500GB hard drive (half of 1 TB) lets you hold up to 140,000 pictures, 130,000 songs, or 400 movies. So, if you’re planning on storing a lot of cam-related pics and videos (and they tend to be quite big in size!), go for a 1TB hard drive.
- Size and Weight. This is up to you, but a laptop with a display size of 13″ to 15″ is more portable and easier to move around the house when you cam from different location and also take with you when you travel. Weight is a similar issue, anything under 5 lbs will be more portable.
- Processor: Intel Core i7 is the way to go. If you ever feel like your current laptop is “too slow”, then you need to upgrade to Intel Core i7 processor.
You may have noticed that I haven’t mentioned built-in webcams, and that is because you cannot rely on your laptop’s webcam for camming. The quality will NEVER be as good as an external webcam, such as a Logitech C920, which is, in my opinion, the best webcam for cam models.
So, with all these things in mind, here are my Top 3 laptop picks that look good, are portable AND powerful. Click on the links to check them out on Amazon!
- AMD Quad Core A10-7400P 2.5GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 8GB RAM/ 1TB 5400RPM with DL DVD±RW/CD-RW. Windows 10 operation system
- 15.6 inches LED backlit display, 1366 by 768 resolution, matte finished
- Feature 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI and VGA ports
- 1 year International Warranty with 1 year Accidental Damage Protection
- Ergonomically designed keyboard with IceCool technology keeps the palm rest at a comfort temperature
Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-76YK 15.6-inch Full HD Notebook(Intel Core i7, NVIDIA 940MX,8 GB ,256GB SSD, Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition),Black
- 6th Generation Intel Core i7-6500U Processor (Up to 3.1GHz)
- 15.6-inch Full HD Display, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB DDR5 VRAM
- 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD; Memory Speed – 2133 MHz
- Windows 10 Home
- Up to 12-hours Battery Life
- Weighs under 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds)
- 15.6-inch Full HD IPS Display
- Intel Core i5-6200U 2.8 GHz
- 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- 256 GB Solid-State Drive
- 15.6-Inch Screen
So, there you have it, some great choices for a camming laptop. If you ever want to go hardcore and splurge, I would suggest looking for a powerful gaming laptop, because they’re made to handle a lot and will never lag. Alienware, anyone? It’s a beast of a machine. 😉